Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Behind the Wall

I love that film Stardust - where going 'behind the wall' leads to a whole new reality full of magic and enchantment.

I suppose behind my wall could just look like a pile of dirt but I can see the magic and enchantment that not only hides amongst the neglected wildness of it - I see the beauty and potential of the finished project.  

I suppose that is what it means to have a vision.




Today was beautiful and I felt ready to get out and do some serious graft behind the wall.  All the gorgeous colours and the crisp autumn light made working in the garden a delight.

The garden is giving a good show before she settles down for some winter quiet.


The recent rains have made the earth pretty boggy - making harvesting the organic matter to help lighten up that soggy clay all the more necessary!


Section 2 now cleared!

So today I worked on the next section of the wall and now the space is really starting to open up.

There's quite a bit of rubble to remove in this section as a great deal of the old wall has crumbled - so I'll have sweet talk some manpower to take it to the bottom of the garden where I am using it to build a base for my birthday present - a bothy!

Also known as a garden shed/summerhouse. But that is a subject for another day!




No comments: