Sunday, January 16, 2011

Oh Deer








the old exclusion zone







I am told that if you have deer in your garden you may as well give up any attachment to the plants. I rather like the deer tracks that meander through the garden, you can see the route they take through the wooded areas, and I certainly don't want to eradicate them completely, but perhaps just encourage them to keep to the aisles rather than a free for all scrum throughout the 'fresh produce' department.


















the new exclusion zone! It might just work.


Obviously the deer fencing that has been in place for a few decades hasn't been particularly effective. In some areas huge trees have grown up through the fallen sections! However, again, our human digger, Woijteck (I'll get the spelling right as soon as I've perfected the pronunciation of his name), has done an amazing job and started to resurrect the fence and clear the area for starting the hedgerow planting. I don't want to go to war with the deer, I just want to give the rest of nature a chance too.





No comments: